Chicken wings are an excellent option any time you're trying to feed the whole family.
After all, they're finger-friendly, pretty easy to prepare, and above all, tasty. They check all the boxes for parents and even picky children, too.
But store-bought chicken wings simply aren't that good for you. They're either deep-fried, breaded, or covered in some sauce made with mysterious ingredients.
And none of those things really fit on paleo.
That's what makes this sweet and spicy air fryer paleo wings recipe extra handy. They're made with only a handful of natural ingredients, and the air fryer gives them the same golden, crispy texture most wing 'aficionados' are seeking.
Plus, because they're a little sweet, no one will even notice they're technically a "diet food.”
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe:
- Chicken wings
- FBOMB Olive Oil
- Chili garlic paste
- Pure maple syrup
Top 3 Health Benefits of This Recipe:
Here are 3 reasons these air fryer paleo wings are good for your low-carb diet.
- They're packed with protein: One serving of these chicken wings has 26 grams of protein in it. Protein is an essential macronutrient for weight loss, as it helps suppress appetite longer after meals, and rebuilds lean muscle from your workouts (and if you didn't know, adding muscle can increase the number of calories you burn while resting) [*][*].
- They're sweet, but still low-carb: It's a fact that low-carb diets like paleo and keto are as effective -- if not better -- for weight loss than their low-fat, high-carb counterparts [*][*]. Low-carb may make it seem like sweets are off the table, but this recipe shows otherwise. The 100% pure maple syrup helps balance out the spiciness of sriracha, and gives your sweet tooth a little something to enjoy without any of the guilt. There are less than 8 grams of carbs per serving of wings.
- They're a great family recipe: It can be hard making healthy foods everyone in the house will eat. But because chicken wings are a fan-favorite, you can always have this recipe in your back pocket. The kids don't have to know you're on a diet, and you can feel good about feeding everyone in the house. Plus, they're a simple, quick option for family gatherings like movie night. Note: if your kids don’t like spicy foods, you can dial back the sriracha in the sauce, or add it later.
Air Fryer Paleo Wings
- Yield: 8
- Serving size: 4 wings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Olive Oil
Sweet and Spicy Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ cup chili garlic paste
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with olive oil, salt and pepper. Because these wings are so simple, you can later turn them into any flavor you want.
- Cook them in your air fryer at 360 degrees for 20 minutes. You can cook them for an extra 5-10 minutes if you like your wings extra crispy.
- While the wings cook, prepare your sauce by heating a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Add the chili garlic paste and cook for about a minute. Add the sriracha and cook for another minute.
- Slowly pour in the maple syrup and cook down until the sauce has thickened. You can add more maple syrup to reduce spice level or omit the sriracha.
- Once the wings have cooked, toss the wings in the sauce.
- Serve with fresh celery and carrots and top with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Fat: 22.5g
- Protein: 26g
- Total Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar Alcohol: 0g
- Net Carbs: 7.5g
- Fat: 60%
- Protein: 31%
- Carbohydrates: 9%