We all crave desserts every once in a while.
But that doesn't mean you need to put your blood sugars on a rollercoaster ride and ingest a bunch of sugar to satisfy your sweet tooth.
You can absolutely stick to your healthy eating plan and nourish your body while having your...mousse and eating it too.
Now imagine deliciously-soft avocados perfectly blended into an avocado chocolate mousse dessert. Are you with me? Soo good. Here's how to make it.
This Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe Is...
- Low-carb and sugar-free. We don't believe you have to compromise your health just to eat foods you crave and enjoy. This avocado mousse is not only sugar-free but also insanely delicious.
- Silky smooth and delicious. Avocados are one of nature's biggest food gifts, showing us all that you can eat natural foods without compromising on flavor and texture.
- Nutrient-packed. There's no denying that avocados are packed with vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, and even Magnesium.
Why This Recipe is Better Than Traditional Mousse
If we haven't sold you on just how delicious this mousse is, and how great avocados are, there are a few other reasons you should choose this avocado chocolate mousse recipe instead of opting for a more traditional, sugar-filled recipe.
- Cholesterol-Lowering: This recipe contains cocoa powder. While the cheap stuff in a Snickers bar isn't going to help you much, consuming cocoa powder on a regular basis has been shown to increase good HDL cholesterol and reduce bad LDL cholesterol among people under the age of 50[*].
- Bone Strengthening: Avocados are high in vitamin K which increases absorption of calcium.
- Anti-Aging: Both cocoa and avocados are high in phytochemicals that research suggests may protect against aging and reduce inflammation[*]
- 1 packet (1 oz) FBOMB Avocado Premium Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 packet (1 oz) FBOMB Salted Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter
- 2 medium to large (very ripe) avocados
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered erythritol (like this one)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt (we like Redmond's Real Salt)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Divide between 6 ramekins or small serving bowls and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before being served.
- Serve with berries, whipped coconut cream, or grated dark chocolate as a garnish if desired.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Calories: 294 kcal
- Fat: 26g (80%)
- Carbs: 11g (15%)
- Fiber: 8g
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Protein: 4g (5%)
Save 10% on any FBOMB Premium Oil with the code PURE10 at checkout.