This quick and easy Dutch Oven Cashew Chicken is the perfect one-pot meal for your next weeknight dinner. The preparation is simple, the ingredients are healthy, and the flavor is a perfect blend of spicy, sweet and savory. This recipe is full of antioxidants thanks to the nutrient-dense vegetables, and the high-quality protein in the chicken thighs make it extra satiating. Most of the prep work can be done ahead of time and the FBOMB packets save time and space, while adding healthy fats to your meal.
This Dutch Oven Cashew Chicken Recipe is:
Spicy, sweet, and savory: you’ll love the combination of flavors! And you can adjust the recipe to your taste very easily.
Nutrient dense: the fat from the chicken thighs combined with all the vitamins and nutrients from the vegetables make this dish a nutrient powerhouse!
Satiating: the FBOMB coconut oil and FBOMB Macadamia Pecan nut butter adds a satiating dose of healthy fats to fuel you with sustained energy.
This Recipe’s Ingredient List includes:
- FBOMB Premium Organic Coconut Oil
- FBOMB Macadamia Pecan with Sea Salt Nut Butter
- Chicken Thighs
- Red Bell Peppers
- Snow Peas
- Soy Sauce
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
Top Three Health Benefits of This Recipe Are:
- Provides vitamins and minerals: This recipe offers an abundance of nutrients, including vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, B, C and K, plus magnesium, zinc, and potassium.
- Supports weight management: This recipe is lower carb compared to a typical Cashew Chicken recipe. Eating fewer carbs can support weight loss by reducing insulin levels and allowing the body to burn more fat for energy.
- Promotes heart health: Cashews are a rich source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats including oleic and palmitoleic acids that have been associated with lower levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) and higher levels of HDL (good cholesterol). [*]
We hope you enjoy this Dutch Oven Cashew Chicken recipe! If you make it, please post a photo on Instagram and tag @fatissmartfuel!
- Serving Size: About 1 cup
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 packets FBOMB Premium Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 packet FBOMB Macadamia Pecan with Sea Salt Nut Butter (or another flavor of your choice - we don’t recommend Salted Chocolate!)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1½ pounds chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ yellow onion, largely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, largely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup snow peas
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water mixed together in a small bowl
Whisk together the FBOMB Macadamia Pecan with Sea Salt Nut Butter, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce/Sriracha, rice vinegar and honey (if using) in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat one packet of FBOMB Premium Coconut Oil on medium-high heat in a Dutch Oven or large saute pan. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and cooked all the way through, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the other packet of FBOMB Premium Organic Coconut Oil to the pot/pan. Add the onion and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add the carrot, snow peas and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the vegetables soften and the snowpeas become bright green.
Add the chicken back to the pot/pan along with the sauce. Add cashews. Stir until the sauce begins to simmer.
Whisk the water and cornstarch together to remix and add to the pot/pan; stir occasionally. The sauce should thicken in 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories: 917
- Fat: 65g (64%)
- Protein: 55g (24%)
- Carbs: 28g (12%)
- Fiber: 8g
- Net Carbs: 20g