As far as delicious-sounding treats go, you probably can't come up with a name that sounds better than chocolate coconut fat bombs.
Even with a decadent-sounding name, though, these fat bombs are quite nutritious. They're made with healthy ingredients like nuts, coconut, and KetoLogic Chocolate KetoMeal, which is full of healthy vitamins, minerals, fat, and protein.
For those on low-carb diets like keto or paleo, these chocolate coconut fat bombs may be the perfect "sinful" treat that isn't really bad for you at all.
They also offer the health benefits of the wonder-herb ginger, which has been used for thousands of years to promote health and fight off disease.
Probably didn't think you'd get all that in a chocolatey treat, did you?
Try this chocolate coconut fat bomb recipe next time you need something sweet and satisfying that fits your low-carb diet.
This Recipe Is:
Ingredients Used in This Recipe Include:
Top 4 Health Benefits of This Recipe:
As if you needed 4 more reasons to indulge in this recipe, here are a few health benefits you'll enjoy when you try these chocolate coconut fat bombs:
- Ginger is packed with antioxidants and helps fight inflammation: Ginger is an ancient herb that's been used in medicine to treat colds, flus, and ailments like arthritis for thousands of years [*]. It is full of powerful antioxidants called gingerols that reduce oxidative stress in the body, which helps you stay healthy and free of disease [*]. Ginger also helps reduce inflammation, which has been shown to reduce your risk of certain diseases such as colon, gastric, and kidney cancer [*].
- KetoLogic® Chocolate KetoMeal® contains the nutrients you need to stay low carb: Meal replacement drinks often miss the mark, but Chocolate KetoMeal helps cover all your bases while providing a hefty dose of nutrients. It's loaded with more than 12 essential vitamins and minerals, as well as healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Plus, it's free from gluten, soy, and carrageenan.
- Coconut contains MCT oil: Coconut is one of the richest sources of medium-chain triglycerides found in natural foods [*]. The coconut oil and flakes in these fat bombs help keep your brain fueled with energy (MCTs have been shown to provide immediate energy for your brain compared to other fats), and can also enhance ketosis [*].
- Walnuts are full of healthy fats: Speaking of healthy fats, walnuts are packed with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, both of which are good for heart health [*]. In general, though, nuts are considered a powerhouse as far as nutrients go. They're full of essential B vitamins, minerals like calcium and magnesium, protein, and fiber [*].
Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs
- Yield: 5 servings
- Serving size: 1 Fat Bomb
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2½ scoops KetoLogic® Chocolate KetoMeal®
- 2 packets (4 tablespoons) FBOMB Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped (or pulsed in food processor)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Sugar-free sweetener (optional)
- Combine KetoMeal, melted coconut oil, and coconut in a medium bowl. Add ground ginger and sweetener, if using. Adjust for consistency (you may need to add more KetoMeal or coconut oil).
- Form mixture into 5 round balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Roll balls in chopped walnuts to coat. Store in the refrigerator.
Note: To make bars, double the recipe, press into an 8x8-inch pan, and cut into 10 bars.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Fat: 22.5g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Total Carbohydrates: 4.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar Alcohol: 1g
- Net Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Fat: 87%
- Protein: 6%
- Carbohydrates: 7%