Are you as obsessed with the Instant Pot as we are? Then you’ll love these keto chicken wings in a spicy and savory buttery hot sauce. This recipe is perfect for a family weeknight dinner or a potluck at work. It’s so easy and delicious you’ll want it in regular rotation.
If you make it, be sure to post photos on Instagram and tag @fatissmartfuel!
This Recipe Is:
This Recipe Uses:
- Chicken Wings
- Hot Sauce
You’ll Love These Keto Chicken Wings Because They Are:
- Fall-off-the-bone tender: Throw a few pounds of wings into your Instant Pot and they’ll come out super tender.
- Spicy and buttery: The sauce for this recipe includes hot sauce and butter, which is a delightful taste combination everyone will love.
- Carb-free: This recipe is not low-carb… it’s zero-carb! You can’t get any more keto than that!
Top Three Health Benefits of This Recipe Are:
- Rich in protein: Chicken wings are a good source of protein, with about 5 to 9 grams of protein per wing [*]. Protein is an important macronutrient because your body needs it to build and repair tissue [*]. It’s important for the maintenance of bones, cartilage, muscles, skin, and blood.
- Good source of vitamins and minerals: Chicken wings are considered dark meat (as opposed to white meat). Dark meat contains more nutrients than white meat, and is a rich source of vitamins A, K, B6, B12, and D. It also contains iron, zinc, niacin, selenium, and phosphorus [*]. Dark meat is also higher in fat than white meat, so when it comes to chicken, go with chicken thighs, chicken quarters, drumsticks, and wings whenever possible to boost your fat macros.
- Healthy dose of satiating fats: Butter is an important ingredient for adding flavor to meals. But it also provides vitamins A, E, B12, and K. Vitamin A is important for healthy skin and vision [*]. Vitamin E supports heart health and has antioxidant properties [*]. Plus, butter is an excellent source of conjugated linoleic acid. CLA has been shown to support a healthy weight, to improve immune functions, and to reduce the risk of certain cancers [*].
- Serving Size: 3 wings
- Yield: 5 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 3/4 cup low-carb hot sauce (Try Cholula Hot Sauce!)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- 2 cups water
- Spray oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place a stainless steam rack or steam basket in the bottom of the Instant Pot, along with 2 cups of water. Stack chicken wings onto rack.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam-release nozzle to the sealing position. Select MANUAL with a cook time of 12 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, set the oven broiler to high and position the oven rack to be 3-4” from the top of the oven.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray with oil.
- Combine melted butter and hot sauce with a whisk.
- When cook time is complete, press CANCEL and quick-release the pressure. Using tongs, dredge each piece of chicken in butter/hot sauce mixture and place on sheet pan in a single layer. Reserve any leftover hot sauce.
- Note: You can save the leftover chicken stock from the bottom of the Instant Pot. Store in the freezer for a future recipe.
- Broil the wings on high until they have a nice golden color, about 5 minutes. Flip wings over and broil the other side for another 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn. Remove from oven and brush with additional hot sauce if desired.
- Transfer chicken wings to a serving dish and garnish with chopped green onions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Fat: 23g
- Protein: 24g
- Total Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fat: 68%
- Protein: 32%
- Carbohydrates: 0%