On any specialty eating plan, you might find yourself turning to the same foods over and over.
On the list of keto foods, for many people, that’s a casserole. Most casseroles are topped with breadcrumbs, crushed crackers, or other carb-packed ingredients that we try to avoid.
And that can be a challenge during the holidays with all the parties and social occasions full of foods that can derail our diet.
That's where this broccoli and cheese keto casserole comes in. It's one of our favorite keto Thanksgiving side dishes that delivers on flavor while enabling you to stick to your ketogenic diet.
If you make this recipe, post a photo on Instagram and tag @fatissmartfuel!
This Broccoli & Cheese Keto Casserole Is...
Satiating: While we developed this recipe as a low-carb side dish, you can serve it as a weeknight meal for a great make-ahead keto casserole that’s packed with satiating, delicious fats.
- High in calcium: There are a few sources of calcium in this recipe, from the cheeses to the broccoli.
- Keto-friendly and low-carb: This recipe skips the carb-heavy breadcrumbs and starchy potatoes in most casserole recipes and delivers a meal with nearly 30g of fats and less than 5g of net carbs to keep you on track.
The fresh broccoli is first drizzled with some healthy FBOMB Olive Oil and mixed with full-fat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic.
It’s then baked into a creamy, cheesy luscious casserole that’s topped with Parmesan cheese, green onions, and crushed Cheddar Keto Krunch for some extra flavor and crunch.
Keto Krunch cheese crisps are made from premium fresh milk sourced from local family farm cows that are ethically treated.
Low in Carbs, High in Nutrients
This recipe is packed with vitamins, minerals, and other compounds that have been shown to do a great deal of good within the body.
Broccoli is a star ingredient in this recipe and provides it with its delicious flavor. But it also shines for another reason: broccoli is high in fiber, minerals, and vitamins -- one of which is Vitamin C.
Just 100g of broccoli contains 148% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin C. Research has found that vitamin C supplementation can increase the levels of antioxidants in the blood [*].
Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 2½ cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Olive Oil
- 8 ounces (1 cup) full-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup FBOMB Keto Krunch Cheese Crisps, crushed (optional garnish)
- ½ cup green onions, sliced (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the broccoli to a large microwave-safe bowl along with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. Let sit, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle broccoli with olive oil and toss to coat. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, half the cheddar, garlic, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Stir the cream cheese mixture into the steamed broccoli until well combined.
- Transfer broccoli to a medium baking dish and sprinkle additional cheddar and Parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the top is bubbly and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Top casserole with crushed Keto Krunch cheese crisps and sliced green onions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Fat: 28.9g
- Protein: 15.7g
- Total Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Net Carbs: 4.8g
- Fat: 76%
- Protein: 18%
- Carbohydrates: 6%