On any specialty eating plan, you might find yourself turning to the same foods over and over.
On the list of keto foods, for many people, that’s a casserole. Most casseroles are topped with breadcrumbs, crushed crackers or other carb and sugar-packed ingredients hat we try to avoid.
And that can admittedly be a challenge during the holidays with all the parties and social occasions that tempt us with foods that can derail our diet in a second.
Enter this broccoli cheese keto casserole, one of our favorite keto thanksgiving side dishes that delivers on flavor while enabling you to stick to your ketogenic diet.
This Broccoli & Cheese Keto Casserole Is
Satiating: While we developed this recipe as a low-carb side dish, you can serve it as a weeknight meal for a great make-ahead keto casserole that’s packed with satiating, delicious fats.
- High in calcium: There are a few sources of calcium in this recipe, from the cheeses to the broccoli.
- Keto-Friendly and low-carb: This recipe skips the carby bread crumbs and starchy potatoes featured in most casserole recipes and delivers a meal with nearly 30g of fats, and under 5g of net carbs to keep you on track.
The fresh broccoli is first drizzled with some healthy FBOMB Olive Oil and mixed with full-fat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic.
It’s then baked into a creamy, cheesy luscious casserole that’s topped with parmesan cheese, green onion and crushed Cheddar Keto Krunch for a little extra flavor and crunch.
Keto Krunch is made with 100% natural ingredients from premium fresh milk sourced from local family farm cows that are ethically treated.
Low in Carbs, High in Nutrients
This recipe is packed with vitamins, minerals, and other compounds that have been shown to do a great deal of good within the body.
Broccoli is a star ingredient in this recipe and provides it with its delicious flavor. But it also shines for another reason: broccoli is high in fiber, minerals, and vitamins -- one of which is Vitamin C.
Just 100g of broccoli contains 148% of your recommended daily intake of Vitamin C. Research has found that Vitamin C supplementation can increase the levels of antioxidants in the blood[*].
Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons FBOMB olive oil
- 8 ounces (1 cup) full fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crushed FBOMB Keto Krunch Cheese Crisps (Cheddar) (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the broccoli to a large microwave-safe bowl along with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. Let sit, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle broccoli with olive oil and toss to coat. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, half the cheddar, garlic, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Stir the cream cheese mixture into the steamed broccoli until well combined.
- Transfer broccoli to a medium baking dish and sprinkle additional cheddar and parmesan cheeses over the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the top is bubbly and golden brown, remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Top casserole with crushed Keto Krunch and sliced green onions.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Yield: Serves 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Calories: 342 kcal
- Fat: 28.9g (28.9%)
- Protein: 15.65g (29%)
- Carbs: 5.46g (2%)
- Fiber: 0.7g (3%)
- Net Carbs: 4.76g