Just think about all the times in life that a good chili recipe comes in handy:
- Social gathering and parties
- As part of your weekly meal prep (can you think of an easier way to prepare 5+ meals at once?)
- Tailgating/football Sunday
Whether you're trying to impress your friends, or just want something hearty and warm to eat throughout the week, a good keto chili recipe is a must-have.
The keto chili recipe we're going to show you is different than most chili recipes you'll find online. There are at least two ingredients that make our version healthier, and dare we say, tastier than anything a google search might turn up.
Plus, we recommend low-carb garnishes like crumbled up FBOMB Keto Krunch cheese crisps. We're pretty sure once you try these on top of your chili, you won't ever want to eat it any other way.
If you make this recipe, be sure to post a photo on Instagram and tag @fatissmartfuel!
Ingredients Used In This Recipe
- FBOMB Grass-Fed Bone Broth
- FBOMB Olive Oil
- Ground Beef
- Ground Italian Sausage
- Green Pepper
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
Why You Should Try This Keto Chili Recipe Over Others
There's an old saying about chili—pretty much everyone thinks their recipe is the best.
But if you think about it, anyone can throw some meat, beans, spices, and tomato sauce into a pot and create something tasty.
So what sets this chili apart from other recipes?
For one, it's keto-friendly. While eating beans on keto isn't the end of the world, you'll save yourself a bunch of carbs by skipping many of the traditional chili ingredients.
(You can also skip the tortilla chip garnish by putting FBOMB Keto Krunch crumbles on top—you won't regret it.)
Plus, this recipe really leans into the delicious, healthy fats. It's made with two types of meat, one of which is yummy Italian sausage. Suffice it to say, this isn't your run-of-the-mill chili recipe.
The other thing that truly sets this recipe apart is that it's made with FBOMB's Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth.
Most keto chili recipes are made with tomato sauce—great for the antioxidant benefits of tomatoes, but not nearly as good for you as bone broth.
(There are tomatoes in this recipe, too, by the way. So you get the best of both worlds!)
One serving of FBOMB's Bone Broth has 8 grams of collagen in it, which is good for skin and gut health and can help boost your recovery from workouts.
We'll review the health benefits of collagen at greater length below.
4 Healthy Reasons To Make This Keto Chili
Here are the benefits of 4 health superstars that make this keto chili recipe worth trying.
- FBOMB Bone Broth: Collagen is the most plentiful protein in your entire body, accounting for over 70 percent of all the tissues in your body [*]. Studies have shown eating a collagen-rich diet can increase skin elasticity and reverse the effects of aging, improve joint health, and prevent bone loss, especially for aging population. [*][*] And if you're working out on a regular basis, eating plenty of collagen proteins will help you preserve lean muscle mass, even if you're trying to lose weight [*].
- FBOMB Olive Oil: Consuming olive oil can help reduce your risk of cardiovascular-related diseases, improve body composition (ratio of lean mass to body fat, and reduce inflammation throughout your body, which helps protect you from other diseases [*][*][*].
- Ground Beef: Ground beef is the main reason this chili recipe has 17 grams of protein in each serving, which can help your body rebuild muscles after a tough workout [*]. And for what it's worth, multiple studies have also shown that a diet high in protein is more effective for weight loss than a low or moderate-protein diet [*][*].
- Onions and Peppers: Turns out, onions and peppers don't just add to chili, they're also packed with vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy. Onions contain lots of vitamin E, and also a handful of different flavonoids, which are powerful compounds that can help ward off cancerous cells [*]. Bell peppers are a great source of vitamin A, C, and K [*]. From protecting your eyesight to boosting your immune system, this veggie is packed with nutrients your body needs to perform at its best.
Keto Chili with Bone Broth
- Yield: 8 servings
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean/20% fat)
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 scoop FBOMB Bone Broth mixed with 2 cups water
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 ripe avocados, diced
- FBOMB Keto Krunch cheese crisps (optional garnish)
- Green onions, sliced (optional garnish)
- Cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
- Jalapeños, diced (optional garnish)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional garnish)
- Sour cream (optional garnish)
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil at medium-high heat. Add the onion and green pepper, and stir for about 3-4 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add the ground beef and ground Italian sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Stir continuously until meat is browned.
- Add all the spices, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste, and stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Add the FBOMB Bone Broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check seasoning.
- Top each bowl with half of a chopped avocado and serve.
- Garnish with Keto Krunch cheese crisps, cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, or jalapeños, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Fat: 34g
- Protein: 17g
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar Alcohol: 0g
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 76%
- Protein: 17%
- Carbs: 7%