If you are looking for a meal that is healthy, flavorful, and super easy to make, then look no further! This Cajun Fish Foil Packet recipe is versatile and easy to customize. The tart sweetness of fresh pineapple pairs nicely with the tender, mild-flavored white fish. We like halibut and cod, but any white fish will work. And if you want more veggies, there’s plenty of room in the foil packets to add whatever your heart desires.
- Easy to prepare
- White fish like halibut, cod, or tilapia
- Fresh pineapple
- Red bell pepper
- Green onions
- FBOMB Coconut Oil
- FBOMB Olive Oil
- Lime juice
- Hot sauce
Top Three Health Benefits of This Recipe
- Reduces Inflammation: This recipe is rich in antioxidants such as B vitamins and selenium, which help repair damaged cells and decrease inflammation.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health: White fish, such as halibut and cod, contains a variety of nutrients that are good for your heart, such as omega-3 fatty acids, niacin, selenium, and magnesium. These nutrients contribute to heart health by reducing artery inflammation, lowering cholesterol, and maintaining blood pressure levels.
- Promotes Brain Health: Studies show that omega-3 fatty acids along with B vitamins may help boost and improve brain function.
Benefits of Foil Packet Recipes
Foil packets are a convenient and fun way to cook. And they’re easy enough to make that your kids can help! Here are some of the reasons we love foil packet recipes.
- Cooks quickly: This recipe only takes 10 minutes to cook. It’s a great weeknight meal, especially if your days are hectic and cooking dinner each night is a challenge.
- Minimal mess: Forget plates! Each person can enjoy their meal straight out of the foil packet, then throw it out when done.
- Easy to make ahead of time: Foil packets can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance so that when it’s time for dinner, all you have to do is take them out of the refrigerator and pop them into the oven! Easy peasy!
- Can be cooked one at a time: If your family is on a different eating schedule, no problem. Just cook the number of assembled foil packets you need when you need them. Each person can have a hot fresh meal when it’s convenient.
- Fun for kids: Your kids will love customizing their foil packets with the vegetables they like. And depending on their age, they may be able to help fold and seal them, too!
Low-Carb Cajun Fish Foil Packets Recipe
- Yield: 4 servings
- Serving size: 4 ounces
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 4 (4-ounce) filets of halibut, cod, or other white fish
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Dash of hot sauce
- Pinch of Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange fish filets on pieces of aluminum foil. Sprinkle each piece of fish with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Melt FBOMB Coconut Oil in a small pot at low heat (or microwave for about 15 seconds). Drizzle oil over fish filets.
- Combine FBOMB Olive Oil in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Spoon the pineapple mixture over the fish filets and seal foil to make a packet.
- Place the foil packets on a sheet pan and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until the fish is firm and flaky and reaches an internal temperature of 140°F or greater.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Fat: 29g
- Protein: 17g
- Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Net Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 70%
- Protein: 18%
- Carbohydrates: 12%