Who doesn't love eating cookie dough before it goes in the oven?
We know we sure do. That's why we were thrilled when one of our awesome customers shared this delicious edible cookie dough recipe with us!
“I keep seeing edible cookie dough ALL over the place and I really wanted to make my own low carb/keto version! I made it using @fatissmartfuel salted chocolate macadamia nut butter and it turned out so good 🤤.” -Ashley (@ashdoingketo)
Thanks to Ashley for this scrumptious recipe! Make sure you follow her at @ashdoingketo on Instagram and use code ASHDOINGKETO to save 10% on your next FBOMB order!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- FBOMB Salted Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter
- Almond milk
- Sugar-free sweetener (we use Swerve Granular)
- Sugar-free brown sugar sweetener (we use Brown Swerve)
Is It Safe to Eat Cookie Dough?
In this instance, yes. This cookie dough is safe to eat raw because it doesn't contain either of the ingredients that are cause for concern.
The main reason people say you shouldn't eat raw cookie dough is because it contains raw eggs and flour.
Raw eggs have been shown to be responsible for up to half of all salmonella-related illnesses [*]. (Salmonella is a type of bacteria that can make you quite sick.)
Eggs are a great source of fat and protein, but we don’t need them in this recipe because we use other ingredients that have plenty of healthy fats.
This recipe also uses almond flour and coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour. So instead of bleached flour that isn't good for you to eat raw (or good for you in general), you're just using raw healthy almonds and coconut meat that have been ground into a fine powder.
In short, you can enjoy this cookie dough without any worries!
How We Cut Carbs in this Recipe
There are a few different ways we lowered carbs in this edible cookie dough recipe.
- Almond flour replaces regular flour: Almond flour contains about 10% of the carbs that all-purpose flour does [*][*]. It also offers fiber, which helps offset the number of net carbs even more!
- We use sugar-free sweeteners: Instead of regular sugar and brown sugar, this recipe calls for a low-carb sugar-free substitute. The brand Ashley used is called Swerve. It's a natural zero-calorie sweetener that measures cup for cup with sugar. Other options we like are erythritol and monk fruit sweetener.
- We use sugar-free chocolate chips: Typically made with monk fruit sweetener or Stevia, sugar-free chocolate chips give you the same delicious flavor (and the antioxidant benefits from cacao) of natural chocolate. All without the sugar spike!
The end result is a cookie dough that has a fraction of the sugar and carbs without any sacrifice in taste or texture!
Healthy fats. No additives or preservatives. And natural ingredients that can help you lose weight. These are just some of the features and benefits of the ingredients used in this low-carb edible cookie dough!
- FBOMB Salted Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter: This nut butter adds a ton of flavor and satisfying texture in just one small serving. It's made with dry roasted macadamia nuts, dark chocolate, and sea salt. It contains no fillers, additives, or chemicals. It's also loaded with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids!
- Almond flour: The ingredient that helps give this edible cookie dough its chew, almond flour is also quite healthy for any low-carb dieter. It contains protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and even some vitamins and minerals [*]. So much better than all-purpose flour!
- Coconut flour: Made from the meat of dried coconut, there are 2 tablespoons of this healthy, high-fat, and fiber-dense flour in each serving of this cookie dough recipe. Coconut products contain MCT oil, which helps support fat loss and enhance ketosis on a low-carb or ketogenic diet [*].
Other Low-Carb Recipes You’ll Love
- Low-Carb Homemade Nutrition Bars
- Better-Than-Reese’s Chocolate Nut Butter Fat Bombs
- Low-Carb Pecan Blondies
Low-Carb Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- Yield: 8
- Serving size: 1 piece (about 2 ounces)
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Freeze time: 1 hour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Salted Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar sugar-free sweetener (we use Brown Swerve)
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free sweetener (we use Swerve Granular)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients with a dough hook or spoon.
- Roll out the cookie dough into a rectangle.
- Place in freezer for one hour. Cut into squares for serving.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer (depending on your preference).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 4g
- Total Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar Alcohol: 1g
- Net Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fat: 74%
- Protein: 10%
- Carbohydrates: 16%