These paleo banana muffins come from a mini low-carb banana bread recipe so you can choose to bake it in a loaf pan or use a muffin tin.
They’re not only paleo, but they are also gluten-free, providing the perfect low-carb breakfast or snack.
High in protein and fiber, these paleo banana muffins are super easy to make and quick to prepare. They'll be in the oven in under half an hour.
This Recipe Is:
- High protein
- High fiber
- Quick and easy
3 Reasons These Paleo Banana Muffins are the Perfect Snack
Muffins used to be a typical breakfast food, until the world realized that they're just cupcakes without icing.
High-carb, low-fat breakfast options were once considered healthy, mainly because of the war against fat. Once thought to make you fat, we now know that quality fat is actually one of the best macronutrients. That's because it's incredibly beneficial for your health due to all of its satiating, brain-protecting and performance-enhancing benefits.
We've also learned that carbohydrate-rich foods like flours, sugars, and cereals can impact your hormones and weight in ways we weren't aware of before.
So, as delicious as they are, muffins started to lose traction...
Until now. Enter these delicious low-carb paleo muffins. Here are a few reasons why they rock:
1. Weight Management
These muffins include coconut, which contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). Researchers have found that MCTs may support weight loss when combined with a ketogenic or low-carb diet [*].
2. Heart Health
Bananas are rich in potassium, which may help reduce blood pressure and reduced risk of heart disease. Potassium is also a crucial component of electrolytes [*].
3. Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Both coconut and bananas are full of micronutrients and minerals that may act as antioxidants, which have anti-inflammatory properties that combat free radicals and may help prevent diseases, such as diabetes and cancer [*].
Low-Carb Paleo Banana Muffins
- Yield: 12
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 3 packets (6 tablespoons) FBOMB Macadamia Nut Butter with Coconut
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB House Blend Oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together packets of FBOMB Macadamia Nut Butter with Coconut and FBOMB House Blend Oil with the eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on the top and cooked through in the middle. Insert a toothpick into one of the muffins in the middle. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Cool for 15 minutes before popping out of the muffin tins. Muffins will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:Calories: 166
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 5g
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 5g
- Net Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 54%
- Protein: 12%
- Carbohydrates: 34%