Tacos are pretty much off-limits on a low-carb diet.
After all, one hard shell taco has 13g of carbs in it [*]. And let's be honest, when taco night rolls around, you're probably going to have more than one.
But it's a shame to eliminate tacos. They're an easy meal to whip up for a quick weeknight dinner, and also one of the few things everyone in the house will eat.
That's why we created this low-carb taco bowls recipe.
All the ingredients from regular tacos are present: ground beef, spices, avocados, tomatoes, and even jalapeños (if you like it spicy).
But there's one ingredient that sets our low-carb taco bowls apart from other recipes: FBOMB Keto Krunch cheese crisps.
These salty, crunchy low-carb morsels give you all the cheesy flavor and the texture of a hard shell taco with only 1g of carbs per serving.
Sound too good to be true? It's not. Check out the recipe and the benefits below.
- Ground beef
- FBOMB Olive Oil
- Roma tomatoes
- Spices: garlic powder, chili powder, and onion powder
- Chili Lime FBOMB Keto Krunch Cheese Crisps
Health Benefits of this Recipe
There are several ingredients that pack a nutritional punch in these low-carb taco bowls.
- Ground beef is loaded with protein and fat. Protein helps rebuild muscle tissue after exercise and ensures your body can keep regrowing and regenerating new tissues [*]. Fat, on the other hand, is important for the success of low-carb diets, because it's the nutrient that most often replaces carbs [*]. And both nutrients have been shown to keep you full longer after you eat, too, which is great for keeping away hunger cravings [*][*].
- Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which reduces your risk of heart disease by keeping your cardiovascular system healthy [*]. They're loaded with healthy fat and even some protein, and have very few carbs. The perfect low-carb food!
- Sour cream adds tang and delicious fat to these taco bowls. Perhaps you didn't know, though, that sour cream is also loaded with vitamins and minerals. It has vitamin E and K, as well as magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, and potassium [*].
- Roma tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant found in many naturally red foods. Lycopene is classified as a carotenoid, and can help reduce oxidative damage to cells in your body [*].
- Jalapeño peppers are an optional topping for those who like heat in this low-carb taco bowls recipe. Besides adding a kick to your meal, jalapeños are antibacterial, meaning they can help boost your immune system [*].
As you can see, the benefits are as loaded as these taco bowls are!
But as we mentioned earlier, there's one ingredient in these taco bowls worth highlighting.
Ingredient Feature: FBOMB Keto Krunch Cheese Crisps
FBOMB Keto Krunch is the perfect low-carb snack when you need a savory crunch. Made with 100% real cheddar cheese and no additives, you can feel good about getting your salty "fix" without any guilt on a low-carb diet.
Unique to this recipe, we use FBOMB Keto Krunch, not cheese, to top our taco bowls. It's the same great cheese flavor you love with all the crunch you get with normal tacos!
Here are some of the features of this yummy snack.
Features of Keto Krunch Cheese Crisps
- 9 grams of protein per serving
- 50% of your daily calcium per bag
- No additives
- Comes in 5 delicious flavors: cheddar cheese, garlic and herb, salt and vinegar, chili lime, and buffalo
Health Benefits of Cheese
FBOMB Keto Krunch consists of pasteurized milk, salt, and cheese cultures. And contrary to popular belief, cheese is actually really good for you. It has:
- Lots of protein and fat
- Very few carbs (only 1g per serving!)
- Vitamins A, D, and K, as well as a host of B vitamins [*]
- Minerals like calcium, zinc, selenium, and phosphorus
Pretty good, right?
And we're sure once you try these crunchy crumbles as a topping, they'll find their way into other dishes in the future, too.
Happy Taco Tuesday (or whatever day of the week it is)!
Other Low-Carb Recipes You’ll Love
- Low-Carb Meatloaf
- Low-Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Keto Chili with Bone Broth
- Low-Carb Shrimp Scampi
Low-Carb Taco Bowls Recipe
- Yield: 4
- Serving size: 4oz ground beef + ¼th of toppings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 bag (1.75-ounce) Chili Lime FBOMB Keto Krunch, lightly crushed
- Sliced jalapeños (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat FBOMB Olive Oil and brown the ground beef.
- Add all seasonings from chili powder through black pepper. Stir.
- Add ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- Add chopped scallions. Stir another minute then remove from heat.
- To serve, scoop 4 ounces ground beef mixture into bowl. Top with sour cream, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, and crushed FBOMB Keto Krunch.
Nutrition facts per serving:
- Fat: 46.5g
- Protein: 38g
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Sugar Alcohol: 0g
- Net Carbs: 4.5g
- Fat: 67%
- Protein: 24.5%
- Carbs: 8.5%