Thanks to Culinary Lion for this delicious low-carb Macadamia Thai Noodles recipe made with none other than our FBOMB Macadamia Nut Butter with Sea Salt! We love the creativity of how our nut butter is used in this drool-worthy culinary creation!
Watch the video.
Low-Carb Macadamia Thai Noodles
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon sliced scallions
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 sliced jalapeño
- 1 small julienned zucchini
- 1 pack Miracle Noodle Angel Hair*
- Juice of 1 lime (reserve one slice for garnish if desired)
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon Thai peanut seasoning
- 1 packet FBOMB macadamia nut butter with sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped macadamia nuts
- Optional garnishes: chopped scallions, slice of lime, chopped macadamia nuts, chopped cilantro
- In a wok or large pan, heat oil. Add ginger, garlic, and scallions.
- Add bell peppers and jalapeños to wok, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut open package of Miracle Noodles. Rinse in a colander under hot water for one minute, then add to pan, tossing to coat in oil so they separate. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and toss to combine with peppers and noodles.
- Add Thai peanut seasoning and FBOMB macadamia nut butter with sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Add coconut aminos, fish sauce, Sambal Oelek, and lime juice. Let sauce reduce for 1-2 minutes.
- Once sauce has reduced, stir in coconut cream to thicken the sauce and coat the noodles. Finish with chopped macadamia nuts. Garnish if desired.
*Note: If you’ve never cooked with shirataki noodles before, here’s a little info about them. Unlike typical noodles, which are made of flour or grains, shirataki noodles are made of the Japanese konjac plant - which means they're essentially 97 percent water and 3 percent soluble fiber.
To prepare them for cooking:
- Cut bag of Miracle Noodles open with scissors and drain in colander/strainer for one minute in cool water.
- Lightly boil noodles for 2-3 minutes (no more than 3 minutes!)
- Drain noodles and dry roast them with no oil in a hot pan for 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Fat: 28.7g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Total Carbohydrates: 19.2g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Net Carbs: 14.1g
- Fat: 76%
- Protein: 6%
- Carbohydrates: 18%