Breakfast casseroles are always a popular dish the entire family can enjoy. But they’re usually filled with carbs, like bread and potatoes, and dairy, like cheese and milk. That doesn’t really fly if you’re eating a paleo diet.
This Paleo Breakfast Casserole is made with just a few simple ingredients, but packed with flavor and loaded with vitamins and antioxidants from eggs and fresh vegetables. It gets a boost of healthy fats and protein from FBOMB Avocado Oil and unsweetened almond milk.
If you’re looking to give your immune health a boost, this recipe can do that too. Immune-boosting ingredients include eggs, garlic, onions, bell peppers, and broccoli. Each bite comes with vitamin C and antioxidants that give your immune system a healthy boost.
This Paleo Breakfast Casserole Recipe Is:
- Paleo | Low-Carb | Dairy-free | Gluten-free
- Savory and satiating
- Full of antioxidants and vitamins
This Recipe Uses:
- FBOMB Avocado Oil
- Pork Sausage
- Eggs (organic, cage-free is recommended)
- Bell Peppers
- Almond Milk
Health Benefits of this Recipe:
- Provides heart-healthy fats: FBOMB Avocado Oil is one of the healthiest oils you can eat. It is a great source of oleic acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid linked to health benefits including reduced cholesterol and blood pressure [*][*].
- Enhances immune health: Onions and garlic both have high amounts of antioxidants which help defend the body of free radicals and assist in preventing disease and keeping the body strong and healthy. Broccoli and bell peppers are both chock full of vitamin C, which is known for strengthening the immune system.
- Supports weight management: This recipe has minimal carbs, which can support weight loss efforts. Eating a low-carb diet, such as the keto diet, has been linked to fat loss and other health benefits [*].
- Great source of fat and protein: Eggs are an excellent source of fat and protein, as well as antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Two of the antioxidants found in eggs -- lutein and zeaxanthin -- support eye health [*]. Eggs have also been shown to have positive impacts on cholesterol, which can reduce the risk of heart disease [*].
Paleo Breakfast Casserole
- Yield: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1/8th of casserole
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon FBOMB Avocado Oil
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1½ cups broccoli, chopped
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat avocado oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook sausage, garlic, and onion until sausage is browned and onions are soft.
- Add bell peppers and broccoli and sauté for 5-6 minutes until vegetables are partially cooked and tender.
- Add the cooked sausage and vegetable mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a medium mixing bowl and pour the egg mixture over the sausage mix in the dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are done and casserole is lightly browned on top. Let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 19g
- Total Carbohydrates: 3.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Net Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Fat: 67%
- Protein: 28%
- Carbohydrates: 5%