These Paleo Egg Muffins are so easy to make and fun to eat! They’re made with eggs and bacon plus tons of fresh veggies so they’re packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Plus, they’re gluten-free. This recipe uses FBOMB Olive Oil and unsweetened almond milk for a boost of healthy fats and protein on top of the flavor. Make a dozen on Sunday and re-heat them for a quick and convenient breakfast during the week.
These Egg Muffins are:
- Paleo | Low-Carb | Gluten-Free
- Full of protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants
- Perfect for breakfast at home or on-the-go
These egg muffins are made with just a few simple ingredients that are full of flavor and loaded with vitamins and minerals.
This recipe uses:
- FBOMB Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Almond Milk
Top three health benefits of this recipe:
- FBOMB Olive Oil is one of the healthiest sources of fat you can eat, and can help keep you full and satiated for hours. Olive oil is a good source of monounsaturated fat called oleic acid, which is linked to reduced inflammation [*][*]. It’s also loaded with antioxidants, which may reduce your risk of chronic diseases, including heart disease [*].
- Onions and garlic both have high amounts of antioxidants, which help defend the body of free radicals. Onions contain cancer-fighting compounds, may improve digestive health and control blood sugar, and have been shown to enhance bone density [*]. Garlic is a good source of manganese, vitamin C, and vitamin B6, and is linked to improved immune function and reduced blood pressure [*].
- Eggs are considered a superfood because they contain a bit of almost every nutrient you need. Eating eggs regularly can improve your “good” cholesterol levels, which can lower your risk of heart disease and stroke [*].
Paleo Egg Muffins
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Olive Oil
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cooking oil into a 12-cup muffin tin to coat evenly.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy; remove from pan and drain on paper towels, chop or crumble into pieces. Wipe bacon grease out with a paper towel, leaving a small amount to cook the vegetables.
- In the same pan, add the packet of FBOMB Olive Oil to the bacon drippings and sauté the peppers and garlic for a minute. Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, minced dried onion, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked veggies and bacon to the egg mixture and stir together.
- Ladle out even portions of the egg mixture into the muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm. Garnish with parsley or cilantro just before serving, if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings
- Serving size: 1 egg muffin
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 7.9g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Total Carbs: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Net Carbs: 1.8g
- Fat: 63%
- Protein: 27%
- Carbohydrates: 10%