Enjoy this fluffy low carb waffle recipe featuring our macadamia nut butter and a delicious cinnamon pecan topping. This grain-free waffle is a keto-friendly version of the carb-heavy version.
Thanks to Damilola Soyebo for this tasty recipe! We love it when our customers come up with creative ways to use our nut butter. You can follow her on Instagram at DamiLoCarb for other keto recipes.
This Pecan Low Carb Waffle Recipe is:
- Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside
- A low-carb, gluten-free version of regular waffles
- A keto-friendly comfort food
This Recipe Uses:
Three Health Benefits of Macadamia Nuts:
- Promotes heart health: Macadamia nuts are a great source of high quality fats. Research shows consuming tree nuts, like macadamia nuts, can lower the risk of heart disease.
- Supports weight management: The satiating fat in macadamia nuts can enhance a healthy weight. Macadamia nuts are one of the richest sources of palmitoleic acid, a monounsaturated fat also called omega-7, which is linked to weight loss.
- Enhances satiation: The fats from macadamia nuts, pecans, eggs, and butter can improve satiation, keeping you fuller longer, which can cause you to eat less.
Prep Time - 10 Minutes
Cook Time - 5 Minutes
- 2 (1-ounce) packets FBOMB Macadamia Nut Butter (any flavor)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoon KetoLogic Erythritol
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Pecan Topping
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- Dash of cinnamon, to taste
- KetoLogic Erythritol, to taste
- Knead the packets of macadamia nut butter, tear open, and squeeze into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in erythritol, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix until fully incorporated
- Pour the batter into a waffle maker, and follow manufacturer guidelines for cooking waffles. Depending on the size of your waffle maker, this recipe may make a little more or less than two waffles.
- For the cinnamon topping, melt butter in a small pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and toss in pecans until well coated.
- Sprinkle erythritol and cinnamon over the pecans and toss well (if desired). Keep an eye out for the pecans because they can burn easily.
- Remove the pecans from the hot pan and place in a small bowl. Once they've cooled down slightly, sprinkle more cinnamon and erythritol on if desired.
- Top the waffle with the cinnamon pecan mix, and enjoy!
Per 1 waffle with 2 tablespoons cinnamon pecan topping:
- Calories: 575
- Fat: 53g
- Protein: 11g
- Total Carbohydrates: 19.25g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar Alcohol: 11.25g
- Net Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fat: 83%
- Protein: 8%
- Carbohydrates: 9%