Most holiday food is full of carbs and sugar that make us feeling too full and tired afterward.
This healthy recipe is perfect for any keto, low-carb, Whole30 or paleo diet as a side dish for Thanksgiving or any weeknight meal.
The brussels sprouts are pan-roasted with bacon, onions, olive oil, and butter then drizzled in a reduced balsamic glaze for a little sweetness the natural way.
This Paleo Brussels Sprouts Recipe Is...
- Fat-Fueled. With the fats from bacon, butter and olive oil, this recipe is packed full of quality fats. FBOMB Premium Olive Oil is the highest quality oil available and only sourced from sustainable growers. Our minimally processed oils are 100% pure, fresh, vegan, gluten-free, and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Crispy. Roasted vegetables often lack the deliciously crispy layer you want, but that is achieved in this recipe through pan roasting. You get the tender interior with the crispy exterior making it the perfect Brussels sprouts recipe.
- Flavorful. You don’t have to sacrifice flavor with this recipe. Full of healthy fats from the bacon and oil, and fiber from the Brussels sprouts, you’ll stay satiated with this recipe.
This is a recipe that we find ourselves turning to time and time again.
The Brussels sprouts are pan-roasted with onions and garlic with a little bit of grass-fed butter and olive oil for a healthy dose of fats all in one pan. Then the cooked bacon is added into the mix along with a drizzle of reduced balsamic glaze for a touch of sweetness and extra flavor.
Pan-Roasted Paleo Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 4 strips thick center cut, nitrate-free bacon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons FBOMB olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
Make the Balsamic Glaze
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small pot or saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally until the vinegar thickens and is reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes). It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Make the Brussels Sprouts
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, then chop into medium-sized pieces.
- Wipe the bacon grease from the pan with a paper towel, discard. In the same pan, melt the butter and FBOMB olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss bacon back into the pan. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle roasted Brussels sprouts with a few tablespoons of the balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 554 kcal
- Fat: 42.2g (68%)
- Protein: 34.1g (25%)
- Carbs: 9.2g (7%)
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Net Carbs: 6.1g