Thanksgiving is… in a word, delicious.
But often, it’s sinfully delicious, and the food can derail your healthy eating plan in one sitting. With all the rich foods on the table, this paleo Thanksgiving side dish will lighten up your menu with fresh and wholesome flavors.
Full of fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants to make an ideal low-carb veggie side for the holidays to compliment the brussels sprouts, of course.
The green beans are simply roasted with a little bit of macadamia oil, fresh sliced garlic, chopped macadamia nuts, sea salt, lemon pepper and only take 20 minutes to roast. Garnish with fresh lemon zest and freshly cracked black pepper for serving.
Macadamia nut oil is a great way to incorporate healthy fats into your diet. One of the highest quality oils available, macadamia oil boasts the same health benefits as macadamia nuts and adds a delicious flavor to any recipe. FBOMB Pure Macadamia Nut Oil is sourced from sustainable growers, minimally processed, and 100% pure, fresh, vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO Project Verified.
What to Serve with this Paleo Side Dish
This recipe is a delicious side, but what do you serve it with?
If you’re making it for the holidays, then we’ve got you covered. Try serving it with:
- Paleo Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes for a lower-carb twist on traditional mashed potatoes.
- Thanksgiving Paleo Stuffing to compliment your turkey or meat dish without straying from your eating plan.
- Salted Caramel Paleo Martini for a delicious cocktail.
- Roasted Garlic Herb Turkey Breast and Cider Gravy
This Recipe Uses:
- FBOMB Pure Macadamia Nut Oil
- Green beans
- Macadamia nuts
- Sea salt and pepper
- Lemon pepper
- Lemon zest
Paleo Roasted Garlic Macadamia Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup FBOMB Pure Macadamia Nut Oil, plus 2 tablespoons for baking sheet
- 4-6 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons of FBOMB macadamia oil.
- Arrange green beans on baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle macadamia nuts and sliced garlic over the top.
- Drizzle the oil over the green beans and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with sea salt and lemon pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes until beans are tender-crisp, and garlic and macadamia nuts are lightly browned and crunchy.
- Remove from oven and season with lemon zest and freshly cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 113 kcal
- Fat: 9.2g (12%)
- Protein: 2.4g
- Carbs: 7.9g (3%)
- Fiber: 3.7g (13%)
- Total Sugars: 1.6g
- Net Carbs: 4.2g