Egg scrambles are one of the easiest and fastest breakfast recipes out there. And those aren’t the only reasons they’re so popular.
People also love them because they’re very easy to customize and change up with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
Don’t have bacon? Maybe you have ham. Or sausage. Or just skip the meat.
You can use whatever vegetables you have around, so long as it’s low carb. Great options include:
- Bell peppers
- Leafy greens (spinach, kale)
This recipe already has incredible keto macros, with 74% fat, 21% protein, and 4% carbs. But if you want to boost your fat macros even more, add a dollop of guacamole just before you dig in.
- Easy to make
- Easy to customize
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Frozen vegetables (peppers, onions, spinach)
- Sugar-free jarred salsa
Other Low-Carb Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
Southwestern Bacon Keto Scramble
- Yield: 2
- Serving size: ½ egg scramble topped with 2 T. cheese, 2 T. salsa, and half crumbled bacon
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 ounces bacon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen pepper and onion vegetable blend, thawed and patted dry (about ½ cup thawed or fresh veggies)
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry (about ½ cup thawed)
- ¼ cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- ¼ cup jarred salsa (no sugar or fruit added)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon in large non-stick skillet until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet, crumble and set aside. Reserve rendered fat in skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat skillet with rendered bacon fat over medium heat.
- Add pepper blend and spinach and sauté until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture, and gently stir until egg is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and divide scrambled egg and vegetable mixture between two plates.
- Top each with half of the cheese mixture, half of the crumbled bacon, and 2 tablespoons salsa.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Fat: 36.5g
- Protein: 23g
- Total Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Net Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fat: 74%
- Protein: 21%
- Carbohydrates: 5%