This hearty Southwest Avocado Steak Salad makes for a healthy, satisfying, low-carb weeknight dinner. It takes less than half an hour to prepare and uses minimal cookware so you won’t have much of a mess to clean up afterward. The juicy steak and creamy avocado are nice complements to the tangy Southwest flavors of this salad.
If you make this recipe, be sure to post a photo on Instagram and tag @fatissmartfuel!
This Recipe Is:
- Easy to make
- FBOMB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- FBOMB Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
Top Three Health Benefits of This Recipe Are:
- Promotes Weight Loss: The low-carb nature of this salad supports weight loss by reducing insulin levels, allowing the body to burn more fat for energy [*].
- Anti-Inflammatory: Avocados and tomatoes are high in potassium and have been shown to reduce inflammation [*].
- Heart Healthy: The monounsaturated fats in this recipe can help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels [*].
- Yield: 4 servings
- Serving size: 4 ounces steak with 1/4th salad mixture
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 8 minutes
- 2 packets (4 tablespoons) FBOMB Olive Oil
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) FBOMB Avocado Oil
- 2 (8-ounce) NY Strips or Ribeye Steaks
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning or kosher salt
- 1 pound spring mix salad
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 2 avocados, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Drizzle one packet of FBOMB Olive Oil over steaks and season evenly with steak seasoning or kosher salt. Rub into the steaks.
- Preheat a grill or cast iron skillet over high heat and sear steaks 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove steaks from heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the spring mix, tomatoes, cucumber, avocados, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, the remaining packet of FBOMB Olive Oil, FBOMB Avocado Oil, lime juice, and apple cider vinegar. Add the honey and hot sauce, if desired.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve with the strips of steak on top or tossed in.
- Fat: 76g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbs: 18g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar Alcohol: 0g
- Net Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 73%
- Protein: 19%
- Carbohydrates: 8%